Manu forti : With a Strong Hand
Professionals in Manual Therapy and Strength Training
Where Science & Art Become One
Welcome to Mackie Physiotherapy, where you are our priority. Our goal is to ensure that each patient receives personalized care, specific to their injury or needs, and that they are exceptionally well taken care of from the moment they arrive, until the moment they leave. We strive to be leaders in patient care and customer relations, and attack each case with a sincere desire to provide the most complete rehabilitation possible. The down home, family atmosphere, along with many years of experience and specialty training, has led to a large history of patient successes and a level of confidence in our care for you.
We had several competitors and medalists at the Provincial Powerlifting Championships at the beginning of October!
Shirlene Palmer (Masters II, age 51)
Shirlene defended her provincial title and came home with the gold!
Our Next Free Information Workshop is "Your Core & Pelvic Floor"
November 20th @ 7 PM at Mackie Physiotherapy
The pelvic floor is an important part of the body, but one that is often overlooked. This workshop is designed for women of all ages, all chapters of athleticism, and all fitness levels, regardless of whether or not you have been pregnant. We encourage expecting moms and dads, postpartum moms and dads, and women at any stage of postpartum.
We also encourage coaches, trainers, strength and conditioning coaches, Crossfit coaches, and lifting coaches to attend.
In this workshop, Nadia and Christianne will be looking at:
- Female Health Considerations
- Our Female Body/Anatomy
- Prenatal Exercise
- Postpartum Rehabilitation
- Fitness Considerations/Modifications, and Postpartum; Returning to Fitness
Topics We'll Cover;
- Pelvic Floor Health,
- Common Concerns/Dysfunctions (pelvic organ prolapse, incontinence, core weakness, posture, diastasis recti)
- Benefits of preparing for pregnancy
- Ante natal exercise
- Core and pelvic floor considerations for all trainees and athletes
- Postpartum rehabilitation
- Postpartum - The "4th Trimester" considerations
- Exercise programming and reintegration into fitness/sport/crossfit/lifting/running with progressions
- The benefits of strength for pelvic health and core in the aging female
We are pleased to announce a new partnership with Popeye's Supplements!
We've developed this partnership in the interest of better health for our patients and clients. All Mackie Physio clients will receive a 10% discount on all regularly priced items -- just mention Mackie Physiotherapy when you purchase in store. You can head over to our Partnerships page for more information.